An Invitation to Join CAIS-ACSI
You are warmly invited to become a member of CAIS-ACSI (Canadian Association for Information Science / L’association canadienne des sciences de l’information). Membership in our association allows you the opportunity to meet like-minded scholars and practitioners throughout the information science world.
- Develop information science connections within an interdisciplinary community: Members of CAIS-ACSI work in various academic and professional fields: library and information science, all areas of professional library and archives practice, computer science, media studies and journalism, business, psychology, health sciences, education, law, and many other areas. Though our areas of interest are varied, we are a close-knit community that seeks to advance information science.
- Connect to an international group of researchers: Our association is small enough for you to feel easily welcome yet large enough for you to meet people whose contributions to information science are internationally acknowledged. While most of us work in Canada, our membership extends throughout the world.
- Participate in our annual conference: CAIS-ACSI members meet at a conference each spring. Our conferences take place throughout Canada. You are invited to attend or present at our conferences. Conference presentations can be made in English or in French. See our Conferences link (above) for more details.
- Our association welcomes students: Students from various disciplines are welcome to join CAIS-ACSI. Our conferences represent an excellent venue in which to present graduate student work. Our association also organizes an annual Student to CAIS-ACSI Award. See our Conferences link (above) for more details.
- Subscribe to our association journal: Membership with CAIS-ACSI entitles you to a subscription to the Canadian Journal of Information and Library Science (CJILS). Journal submissions are made in English or in French. You are also invited to submit articles or reviews to CJILS for publication. See our Journal link (above) for more details.
Join our association: tell your friends, colleagues, and students about us. Get involved with CAIS-ACSI!Join Now
Please consider joining the CAIS mailing list. The CAIS Google Group is the official communications channel for CAIS. Through this group, the board keeps the membership informed of CAIS related information and related events. Please follow the link and sign up, if you wish to be a part of CAIS through this forum.